Day 36


 Today was a welcomed Saturday.   A slight covering of snow and ice on the trees.   The sun dancing on the ice crystals was like a tree full of diamonds.  If it were so, I would run to gather in hopes of provision to make different choices.  But the Provider knows best.  He really does.   I am thankful for preordering a book from an author is genuine, real and deep.    For a text from my nephew who is interested in photography.    A small nap and time to rest and allow my body catch up from the trauma of the week.  We were all quiet today, resting, allowing our body to catch up from the week.   

I watch my dad; we ask if he wants to stay up later tonight.  He says no, he is thinking of going to bed.  I ask him if he has a bedtime story, his answer "there are three bears, and they are going to bed".   That was it.  I just laughed.   When he gets up, you can see the age and the weakness in the wobbly legs.   He staggers to check the door like he has a thousand times in his life.   I pause and take it in, know this is his habit.  Shakey legs and all.   He takes the walker and moves forward.  The nightly ritual begins.   I have taken over some of it because he doesn't remember.  I watch to see where I need to fill in.   Time is a gift, but it is a thief as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5