Day 24


 Today we were reading in Genesis, it was right after Jacobs two sons killed that complete group of people over the rape of their sister Dina.  Jacob became fearful because he knew they had to move.  We get into the next chapter where God gives Jacob the direction he needs to go.  There was a verse where it says that God filled the people in the surrounding villages with terror.  He did this to keep the from attaching Jacob.  God also reaffirmed Jacobs new name as Israel, and He affirmed His promise He made Abraham to Jacob.  The podcast said that it wasn't that God condoned the actions of the sons, but He kept his promise.   These sons did not appear to have a personal relationship with God, but I wonder if it will be like Jacob and it will be developed as God continues to move them into the promise, He has for them. In reading this I see God's restraint in their sin and if I am looking at myself, I know that I know that He has shown much restraint with me.   

Today I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with Him, for getting all I needed to accomplish completed and for taking a beautiful picture with my camera that adjust to the night function.  I am thankful for His grace and His love for me.  He knows me completely, but still chooses me, still shines His light in the dark places in a day.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5