Day 40
This morning I was walking out to my car to head to work. I was running fast because I woke up late and my rhythm felt off from the start. I love when I have the slow coffee with the reading scripture, I am trying to make my way through the Bible again, this time with a group of friends. I did not get my reading done in the morning, so I felt off. I knew this was not coming from Him but pressure I placed on myself.
The sun was shining and as I was walking to my car, I could hear a choir of birds singing. It felt like I was being given the promise that spring was closer than it was, and I could accept that knowing that soon, very soon, I would not have to reach for the coat that I just don't enjoy. I looked up and saw the choir sitting in the bushes, they were little, but they were carrying a tune that held promise.
When I went to work, I put in my ear buds to listen to a sermon that someone sent me, knowing I needed more than the coffee and cracker I had for breakfast. I was listening to an Elevation message, and he was talking about the X Factor. What hit me was when he shared the verses regarding the man at the pool of Bethesda, who had been paralyzed for 30+ years, and when Jesus asked him about being healed, the mans first thought was that there was no one to help him to the pool when the water starts to stir.
The man did not who was talking to him, but Jesus took away in an instant what the man had been struggling with all those decade long. It was immediate what Jesus did for him. I thought how often do I not realize when Jesus is speaking to me. Or believing that God can change in an instant what has been my struggle for decades.All in His timing.
Comments
Post a Comment