This is just my Sunday, beauty in the morning with the evening feeling cloudy but an unthawing of the stress. Here is my beauty of the day. ABBA may I find rest in this Sabbath.
It was very cold this morning, but the light felt so near, so bright, I love how the light dances on this building. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others. Today the brightness was beautiful, light dancing on the church. This church is so beautiful on the inside, it is an aged church but has such history on the inside. I remember attending a small wedding decades ago in one of the parlors in the church. A simple repeating of vows. Wild how you can attend such an intimate ceremony, but decades later not see the people any longer. Not from anger or episode but simply time and life. Not sure why I remember that tonight when I have walked past this church hundreds of times on my way to work. Today, I am thankful for peace, for my parents having a good day with each other. I am thankful for the continued reading in Job and him saying that the fear of the Lord, is wisdom and turning away from evil ...
It started with a thunderstorm, with lightening flashing in the sky and rain dancing on the roof. I could stand on the porch without a jacket and in my pajama's. Then I heard the birds singing in the bush outside of the window in the bathroom. If I did not know what day it was, I would think it was a spring day developing. What came to mind, a new day, a new year, and a new season. Today I started the reading plan for the chronological read that I just completed yesterday, again. Today I felt giddy in getting to start again. I am excited to see what You ABBA have to show me this year.
This morning I noticed the glow in the sky, I could not help but run out to see the colors that were not bright but covered the majority of where I could see. I immediately thought of the proverb, orange skies in morning, sailor warning. Orange skies at night sailor's delight. I immediately wondered what this day would hold. Then I kept hearing the part of the 23rd Psalm where it says yea though I walk through the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thy rod and thy staff comfort me. I again, wondered what the day would hold. I was provoked in thought by someone who said there was a difference between if a person dies and when you start looking at when they die. That this is a shift in a journey. It provoked my thinking because we tend to land on if a person dies when in reality, we all are going to face death at some point, so the better question is when. But what makes that difficult is wh...
Comments
Post a Comment