Day 8
Today our reading was in Job, there was a verse in chapter
19:25 where Job says he knows that his Redeemer lives and will stand on this
earth and that there would be a day that he would see God for himself. After all that he has faced, and all the
questions he had regarding the suffering he was experiencing, he knew he would
see God for himself. His so-called
friends were accusatory toward him, it was brought out that maybe these so-called
friends was kind of enjoying Jobs suffering.
Job corrected the accusations to the best of his ability.
Job had questions regarding the why he was going through
this suffering, he answered his friends who accused him of sinning and that
this was just God being judging Job. But
I think of the depth of Jobs relationship with God, he had a relationship of
depth prior to this happening. He
lived a blessed life. His questions were
not anger and accusing of God but really from a place of not understanding. Yet, Job knew where his hope was placed, he knew
one day he would truly see God face to face.
I really don’t want to just live a surface relationship with
HIM, nor do I want to be the type of friend that points a finger at the one
that is suffering thinking I know the depth of what is happening. I want to be able to sit with the person
even in simple silence but being present.
I need to practice with Him, silence and listening. I want depth with Him.
Comments
Post a Comment