Day 30

I was thinking of what I needed to accomplish in what should be a Sabbath day.   I have gained some freedom in the tasks that need to accomplish on a Sabbath day, somedays you cannot be physically still the complete day.  Sometimes that Sabbath means being more mindful of the one who created it and that He reminds us that Sabbath was created for us, to help us to obtain rest.   And I will do that today at some point.  But I knew what my life held and that I am now completing tasks that my dad always did and could do on a Monday morning but though his heart would love for them to do.  I need to accomplish while he stretched out in a nap so he would not see it being completed.  

I have taken over the duties of the pellet stove; I am definitely not as talented as my dad at keeping it clean in the manner that he did.  I am still a student trying to figure it out.  

I keep a bucket where I discard the ashes when I clean it to start it each morning.   I give it a deep clean once a week or so where I come away looking like a miner after a long shift.  I don't say this gain pity but for you to have a better understand of what I am about to share.  

My bucket was getting full, and I knew that I needed to go and empty it in the pile of discard limbs that will be burnt this spring once the weather breaks.  

as I was carrying the bucket of ashes, I began thinking of the scripture where ABBA says that He makes an exchange.  Where he takes our ashes and turns them to beauty.  

I immediately thought of my reading this morning, where God called Moses.   A Hebrew who was raised by an Egyptian.   Egyptians despised Hebrews but he was taken in, raised by the Pharaohs wife.   It never tells us how he knew his heritage, but I am sure that Moses was reminded of it daily.   He murders and Egyptian attacking a Hebrew and when called out on by another Hebrew, he flees.  Escapes.    Long story short, he marries and is out shepherding, when God calls him.   

What most would judge, discard, God uses.  Isn't that a perfect example of turning beauty to ashes?   Doesn't He do the same for me.  Discarded by some, in truth, it feels the majority.  He calls and uses in a manner that most do not understand.  He walks with.   He chooses what most would not give a second look.   The one that doesn't acknowledge their own ability but downplays their ability.   

He turns what is waste and discard into beauty.   When it is Him doing thought you may question His choice for a moment because of your own inadequacies. HE sees your full potential.   He simply whispers for you to trust Him because He does not pick wrong.    The inadequacies as the ash will melt into something beautiful in the trust.   Thats a guarantee.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5