Day 29
How will this day go...
How will it be different...
In todays reading, Jacob dies but before he does, he blesses his sons. The promise extends to the next generation. Gods word says that Jacob drew his last breath and then he was gathered to his people. One simple sentence, he was gathered to his people. I wonder about that day. To finally see and touch Jesus, and to see the face of God and honestly, I believe I will be able to see the Holy Spirit at that time.
I find myself thinking of our eternal destination, I am sure part of it is because I am watching my dad walk his way home, thought only God knows that time, I see that he is closer to home than ever. I am thankful that dad knows Jesus as his savior and that eternity will be beautiful for him. Though I am no where ready to let him go, I trust God for that as well, knowing I can even beat him there, though we always say we will be raptured together. That would work too.
It was a really cold day today so starting my day thinking this as I stare out the window about process of it all. Choosing to trust the ONE who writes my story.Today I am thankful for unexpected pictures being sent to me, for thank you notes in the mail from one who you are thankful still allows you in their life. I am thankful for the short nap before the chores. I am thankful for the WORD that feels so personal and real to me. Seeing the new in the old being read. I am thankful for the ones who join me on the journey and say they are learning too. It is about today, the now, its doing outside myself. Serving the ones you placed in my path today. It is for looking out my window and seeing my driveway cleared again. They will never know what that means. God provides, in mysterious ways and unexpected people. May I be opened to receive and acknowledge the Giver and the giver.
Comments
Post a Comment