Day 28


 In today's reading, Jacob's sons were returning to tell him that Joseph was alive.  What he was doing, and that the pharaoh wanted them to come live where Joseph could see them.  God affirmed His promise to Jacob by telling him to go to Egypt, a land where Hebrews were not welcomed, shepherds were not seen favorably.  I am sure it was hard to comprehend that Joseph was a live after that many years.  Abba encouraged Jacob by affirming His promise he made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  This was not the first time Abba Reaffirmed His promise.  

I thought of the kindness of God, He knew all of Jacob's doubts, concerns... I wonder if Jacob second guessed getting to see Joseph.  Was he excited the whole way, and when he saw him, did he recognize him immediately?   

I thought of Gods deep kindness, yes, He knew the plan from the start, but the kindness is no less. I thought how much all the sons have grown in mind and spirit.  How life changed them all.   I then relate to my own life, the length of time mourning and being self-protective because of it.  The molding of heart in the midst of the heart being formed.  

ABBA has been speaking to me about the heart a lot lately.  Today's verse of the day was "A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart.  What you say flows from what in your heart" Luke6:45 What is in the heart will come out.  The matters of the heart are vital and what comes out of one's heart matters. The scripture says to guard your heart and I am beginning to understand that just a bit more.  You cannot control what comes out of someone else's but there is a decision whether to receive or accept it as truth.

The matters of the heart our vital and it is in His kindness that we can address the heart that overflows with bitterness, anger, selfish gain.  I am thankful for His kindness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5