Day 23
Revive us again
Fill each heart with thy love
May each soul be rekindled
with fire from above.
Hallelujah thine the glory;
Hallelujah Amen
Hallelujah thine the glory
Revive us again.
I just kept singing some version of those lyric, I do not know the song by heart, but I know the chorus and it was enough to encourage my soul. I lost what week it is since I have been in a church, but we watched my parents church, and their pastor has a hear for the LORD and he preaches it and is truly an example of Jesus and His love. He came by and saw my parents this past week and even cleaned their car off. He brought his little boy who is a little over 3. Every week I see this little boy walk up to his daddy in the pulpit to be lifted up into his daddy's arms. He picks him up and never misses a beat. This morning, I thought about how we can reach up and our Daddy will pick us up. No matter what HE is doing He will pick us up and keep doing what He is doing. His son was confident and comfortable in his daddy's arms. ABBA wants us to feel the same, when live feels harsh and difficult, we can still reach up and He will take us up. I find myself needing more moments of ABBA holding me up as my earthly dad makes so many changes, and not the strong man he once was. I am reminded to keep reaching up.
So today I am thankful that I have peace in what church looks like for me right now, for hearing Gods word and spending time myself with Him. For a peaceful and restful day. I am thankful for the glimpse of blue skies and melting snow. I am thankful ABBA ask the questions He knows the answer too, for wrestling me until I relent, all to have relationship with me, not to harm me. I am thankful He understands the gradual changes and His continual pursuit.
Comments
Post a Comment