Day 2


 Sunday, it is a rainy cloudy one.  All my days seem to blur but I love Sundays.  When I can listen to church, it changes the day.    We listened to mom and dad's church today.   Listening to David talked about Luke 2:25-32.  David was talking about how God planned for Simeon to be at the temple.   I always thought that Simeon was a priest, I have no idea where I had that idea.  I have never caught the fact that the word says he was he righteous and devout and eagerly awaiting the Messiah.  The Holy Spirit revealed to him that he would not die until he seen the Lord’s Messiah.   Scripture says that the Holy Spirit led him to the temple that day where he held the Messiah.   Knowing he was not a priest changes the game for me.  He was devout, following God, God made him a promise, God kept it.   Being devout made him available to God, hearing God’s voice.  Being led by Holy Spirit.  

For years I have kept a jar on my desk that I place a note stating what I am thankful for, this time last year I dumped my jar in a bad but when I attempted to review the jar, I couldn’t.  There was nothing in 2020 that I wanted to remember, it was definitely one of the most difficult years of my life, of everyone’s life.  I wasn’t as faithful in 2022 and I just emptied my jar on top of the others but this time I decided I would review them.  Or try too.    When I pulled out from my bag, I realized that I have a common theme, that life is not easy and has not been consistently, and sometimes what I am thankful for is kind of surface, for the beautiful sky,  the hawk I may have seen, the  the rest of a weekend.    I honestly want this year to be more real, though all those things are wonderful, I want to see if I can take this deeper, less surface and easy.   It may mean I need to pause for a minute, but I want to really look at what my day held and what I know was a gift from God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5