Day 18


Today was my first day back after a long weekend and a hard snow.   The sidewalks were not shoveled, and they had at least six inches of snow on them.   The parking lot did not look bad, but you still had to be careful.

As I was pulling into the parking lot, I saw this man running down the sidewalk, he was running for sport or workout, it didn't matter to him that the sidewalks were covered, he was just continuing to do what he would have to love.  I have seen him around before running up huge hills no one else would attempt because of traffic but it was part of his route.   

Here I am pulling in to go to work thinking I am getting too old for this, I wanted to stay home but my nature just won't allow me too. Trust me, I wish for it to be different sometimes.  But here I see this man doing what he has to thrive on to be running in simple running pants, long sleeve shirt and nothing else.   I thought what does it take to be this type of runner? I immediately thought, I am too old to discover this love but definitely something I have always wanted to do.  He would have have to have discipline to be out on a day like today.  I think my heart is no longer into this type of exercise.  Though I wish it was... but my life is so full of my job, my home commitment.  Do I have this kind of discipline in my heart, my soul?  Not sure.... 

This morning we read more on Abraham.   The importance of forgiveness and praying for your enemies, honestly, I have not done well with this lesson or discipline either.  I realized that today when I realized what was continuing to eat at me that honestly affects me and others around me. I need to let it go.  I need to release it.  Today I am thankful for all I have accomplished, for seeing the runner in the snow, for yet one more reminder of what I need to release and know with confidence that by it being brought to my attention, ABBA will help me get to this bigger place of forgiveness and release.  To where I can truly pray for the situation and mean it.   The fact that I want that path, is a huge changed in itself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5