Day 12

Today I listened to the Wild at Heart podcast, he was talking about the scripture on the ten virgins and how he feels we are in that time now, where we need to make sure our lamps are cared for and prepared and that we have enough oil as we wait for the Bridegroom.   That really impacted me because it is such a challenging season, some days you feel you are doing the same thing day in and out, because of the routine, thing feel stale, and you wonder if you are just going through the motions.  I know how this story goes, there were some who were not prepared and did not take enough oil for the wait.  When the Bridegroom was coming and they jumped up, they were out of oil and wanted to borrow some from the other who were prepared.  But if they gave them the oil then they themselves would not have enough.   He went on to say how we cannot lone out our oil or our walk with Jesus to someone else, I never thought of that scripture in that manner, but we cannot lone out our personal relationship with Jesus, it is specific to the person.  The oil or the anointing cannot be shared.   I can share about Jesus, who He is, what He did but I cannot share my walk that this is unique between me and Him. 

When days seem all the same, I want to fall into a staleness with Him, a comfortable rhythm but I think He wants me to look at our relationship as a child does with wonderstruck responses and belief.  When I see the sunset, how do I not be awed by Him and His creation.  I think the routine can also use up the oil quicker.  That one I will have to ponder some but it definitely my thought of the day. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day One 1-1-22

Day 5