Day 5
This morning I noticed the glow in the sky, I could not help but run out to see the colors that were not bright but covered the majority of where I could see. I immediately thought of the proverb, orange skies in morning, sailor warning. Orange skies at night sailor's delight. I immediately wondered what this day would hold. Then I kept hearing the part of the 23rd Psalm where it says yea though I walk through the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thy rod and thy staff comfort me. I again, wondered what the day would hold.
I was provoked in thought by someone who said there was a difference between if a person dies and when you start looking at when they die. That this is a shift in a journey. It provoked my thinking because we tend to land on if a person dies when in reality, we all are going to face death at some point, so the better question is when. But what makes that difficult is when the when is close and you know it. Or you think you know it. It is easy to process the if but the when is a bit for difficult.
I heard in a sermon I was listening to on the drive to my work spot for the day, he said that he believed that when a person is dying, they get to the point they do not feel the pain. I would like to believe that but my hospice days have shown me differently. But I pray that Your rod and staff will be of comfort.
I am not sure why the day held this thought, verse and sermon but I heard the whisper of the day.
Comments
Post a Comment